We are a training focused coaching and educational consulting practice, working with people from
all across North America accessible via phone, email and Skype. We use a brain-based approach with customize strategies for university students, career professionals and business owners. In addition, we offer workplace interventions to organizations that improve wellness, retention and performance of their ADHD employees.
A Bit of Background …
Hello. I am Michelle Intrepidi. I am an ADHD Coach, Learning and Development Manager and an Educational Consultant with over twenty years’ experience in the field. I like to say my hallmark is “getting to the heart of the matter”. Over the years, I have had the pleasure of helping hundreds
of people achieve self-understanding as the foundation for achieving practical results through assessments, critical conversations and enhancing access to methods to help individuals’ leverage their strengths and skills.
My in-depth career experience informs through my coaching and consulting practice in which I am able to provide help to individuals, ages 15 to 60, during pivotal moments of transition in academics, career and life.
As an accessibility advisor for the University of Manitoba, I have collaborated with faculty, staff, parents and student advocacy as part of establishing the best-suited accommodation plans to support students’ academic goals. Additionally, implemented workshops of yoga and mindfulness based stress reduction tailored to students registered with Student Accessibility Services.
I have also teamed with several industry sectors, including; mining, aerospace, the Provincial and Federal governments and academia in which I have had the pleasure of working with people from
a variety of backgrounds, from internationally educated professionals in STEM, to local business owners adding a depth and breadth of knowledge on how diverse individuals and organizations
work and learn most effectively.
As a Learning and Development Manager at The Learning Disabilities Association of Manitoba,
I have operated all aspects of the Federally funded project, Career Continuity, a pre-employment preparation program for adults, ages 15 to 30 years, with ADHD and/or learning disabilities and
I am also an active member of ADDA’s Workplace Issues Committee, contributing articles, vetting research and team subcommittees in development of ADDA’s Speakers Guide and ongoing new projects. ADHD At Work is a site that helps employees with ADHD as well as those with ADHD employees to navigate legislation and best practices in the workplace. ADHD Health Storylines
is a mobile and web app developed in partnership with ADDA and Health Storylines to track medication, habits and build accountability for its end-users.
- Associate Coach Certification, ADD Coach Academy (Albany, New York)
- Permanent Professional Teacher Certificate
- Accessibility Plan Training, Disabilities Issues Office, Government of Manitoba
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Conflict Resolution Mediation Certification
- TOWES Test Administrator Certification
- The Power of Mindfulness: Inside and Outside the Therapy Hour
- Attachment Treatment: Theory and Techniques
- Emotion Focused Therapy: Working with Emotion in Anxiety, Depression and Addictions
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training
- Bachelor of Education, After Degree – Senior Years, University of Winnipeg
- Bachelor of Arts in Conflict Resolution Studies, Menno-Simmons College
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
- International Coach Federation (member in good standing)
- ADHD Coaches Organization
- ADDA Professional Membership
- ADDA Workplace Issues Committee
- LDA Manitoba
- Adult ADHD In The Workplace – Staff Training (New Directions)
- Creating a Culture of Peace – Guest Lecturer (Faculty of Education)
- Accessibility Issues on Campus – University of Manitoba
- Workplace Essential Skills – Manitoba Training and Education Centre
- Sensitivity in the Workplace – Diversity Awareness (Manitoba Tourism Education College)
“Your knowledge and advice will be put to good use. Thank you for helping me define who I am.”
– Andy, workshop participant